Many businesses have faced hardships since the pandemic causing some local small businesses to close their doors in Wayne County. Comparingly, we have also seen many businesses show their resilience by coming up with new ways to generate business and keep the same happy customers! We wanted to highlight a great organization that has done just that for the past several months. Regina Fraser, Director of Wayne County Family and Children Services, states, “As the front doors to the Department of Family and Children Services building have been locked since March, we want to remind the public that we are still working and are open for business, just not in the same fashion that we were prior to March 2020.”
That means that for the safety of their customers and staff, all of their services are now available online through the Division of Family and Children Services.
All services and operations are open for business and may be accessed through the following resources and application processes:
- To report suspected child abuse or neglect Call DFCS Child Protective Services (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at 1-855-GACHILD or 1-855-422-4453.
- If you have questions about an existing child welfare case, call your case manager or their supervisor for support.
- To apply for Food Stamps, Medical Assistance & TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), Go to dfcs.georgia.gov/services and download a paper application. Mail it to Wayne County Family & Children Services at 1220 South 1st Street, Jesup, GA 31545
- To check on your Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), go to www.connectebt.com/gaebtclient
- ADA Reasonable Modification Information can be found at dhs.georgia.gov/notices
- To request an Application or Renewal Form by phone, call 877-423-4746
- Obtain a paper application of any of these forms at the Blue Information Box outside our DFCS office
- Completed applications should be placed in the drop box or mailed to Wayne County DFCS, 1220 S. First Street, Jesup, GA 31545
Download these printable flyers to use in your office.
Please consider liking/following us on our social media to stay up to date with our community news and events. We can be found on Facebook at Family Connection – Wayne County, GA and Instagram at wcfamilyconnect.
Also, if your organization would like to educate, inform or update Wayne County citizens on a topic or event you’ve been working on – reach out to us so you can be featured here in the Articles section of our website!
Additionally, the Wayne County Family Connection Collaborative would like to invite anyone in our community to be a part of our group. For more information, contact Lana Wright at 912-256-2150. Our meetings are held on the 4th Monday of each month with the next meeting being held at the end of January. Stay safe Wayne County community!