Submitted by Kate Nichols
Like so many other brick and mortar businesses and organizations, the Wayne County Department of Family and Children Services closed the doors in March 2020 and began operating remotely for the safety of the staff and the community members they serve. They found creative solutions to the challenges brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic and continued providing services through virtual channels.
While this allowed Wayne County DFCS to continue serving the community during the height of the pandemic, now that a sense of new normalcy is on the horizon, the staff is available to meet with clients in person. Appointments can be scheduled by calling the local office at 912-427-5866.
All services and operations are open for business and may be accessed through the following resources and application processes:
- Call the local number at 912-427-5866 to request an in-person appointment or schedule virtual meetings.
- To report suspected child abuse or neglect Call DFCS Child Protective Services (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) at 1-855-GACHILD or 1-855-422-4453.
- If you have questions about an existing child welfare case, call your case manager or their supervisor for support.
- To apply for Food Stamps, Medical Assistance & TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families), Go to dfcs.georgia.gov/services and download a paper application. Mail it to Wayne County Family & Children Services at 1220 South 1st Street, Jesup, GA 31545
- To check on your Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT), go to www.connectebt.com/gaebtclient
- ADA Reasonable Modification Information can be found at dhs.georgia.gov/notices
- To request an Application or Renewal Form by phone, call 877-423-4746
- Obtain a paper application of any of these forms at the Blue Information Box outside our DFCS office
- Completed applications should be placed in the drop box or mailed to Wayne County DFCS, 1220 S. First Street, Jesup, GA 31545
More information about Wayne County DFCS and many other resources in our area can be found in the Resource Directory at waynehelp.com/resource-directory.
If you or your organization would like to join the Wayne County Family Connection collaborative and promote initiatives for a healthier, safer, stronger Wayne County, reach out to Wayne County Family Connection Executive Director, Lana Wright at 912-256-2150 or by email at email@example.com.
NOTICE download – English (updated 11/18/21)
NOTICE download – Spanish (updated 11/18/21)